National Student Survey 2016
Amongst the top 15 University in the UK as voted by the students (What Uni? Student Choice Awards 2016)
Bangor University best Teaching University in Wales and within the top 10 in the United Kingdom!
One of the best Biomedical Science degrees with professional accreditation (IBMS & HCPC) in the UK.
New PG Diploma course in Physician Associate Studies launched - apply now!
What students say about my teaching
Drug Development MSE-2020
`Every aspect was well delivered, especially the lecture summaries at the start of each lecture. Thomas' lectures were the only ones I looked forward to attending, his lecturing style, his passion for science and the addition of extra topics such as Ebola and nanoworms were top notch. One thing in particular was his direction with regards to the final exam. Some lecturers 'hinted' at questions, some gave no indication, however Thomas struck the perfect balance. As a lot of the topics were quite in depth, he went back through each topic, highlighting the most important areas that could be assessed, but as there were a good number of topics, there was no way you could anticipate the questions, but he didn't leave you high and dry either. The blackboard resources were plentiful, relevant and some quite entertaining. The more equal weighting of assignment and exam is something I feel other modules should adopt as it allows students who may suffer in exam situations with stress to achieve more what they deserve. He also pushed the deadline for this assignment back as far as possible to allow for other assignments and the final year project which was an enormous help. Thank you Thomas`.
Cell Biology MSE-2020
`Through this module and with the help of Thomas I have decided I would like to go into the field of medicine and because of that I am now applying for medical school as post grad once I finish this degree. Many thanks to Thomas and his guidance.`
Genomic Instability & Disease MSE-2021
`The in-depth analysis and review of the breakthrough scientific papers provided me with a greater insight into the research process. Whilst conducting this module, the writing of the news and views and practical reports has allowed me to improve my scientific writing style and my ability to effectively present information. Overall I believe my academic education has been significantly benefited by this module.`
- 2017 Finalist in the category `Excellence in teaching` by the Students` Union
- 2016 New PG Diploma course Physician Associate Studies launched
- 2016 Finalist in the category "Teacher of the Year"
- 2016 New Professional Employability Program (PEP) initiated (jointly with Santander)
- 2015 Finalist in the category "Teacher of the Year".
- 2015 - 2016 Deputy Head of School - Education (Medical Sciences)
- 2014 - 2016 University Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT).
- 2007-2014 Director of Teaching in the School of Biological Sciences.
- 2013 Finalist in the category "Teacher of the Year".
- 2012 Bangor University Teaching Fellowship Award for excellence in all aspects of Teaching.